If you haven't done so already, please create an SSO Reset Frequency Rule.
To complete this configuration your organization must have an active paid subscription with Auvik.
Retrieve the URLs and public certificate from Evo
- From the left nav menu, select My Company. Alternatively, select Customers and and choose a customer from the list.
- Select Applications from the left nav menu.
- Click the Auvik card.
- Open your favorite text editor. Click the copy button next to the Sign In URL field and paste the copied text into the text editor.
- Download the key (Public Certificate).
- The download should go automatically to your "downloads" folder.
Configure Auvik for SSO
To complete these steps, you must be an administrator of your Auvik portal, and appropriate sites.
RECOMMENDATION: Before you start. Log into your Avuik account twice - once in a regular browser and once in an incognito/private window. This is to ensure that you are still logged in to your account if you get locked out in the other window. Alternatively, you can also log in to two separate browsers.
- From your favorite browser, open Auvik, and login.
- Navigate to the desired site dashboard.
- From the side navigation, click Settings.
- Click Authentication.
- On the Single Sign-On Box, Click Browse. Navigate to the location the certificate was downloaded and apply it.
- Copy the Sign in URL from your text editor and paste it into the IdP Single Sign-On URL field.
- Copy the Sign in URL from your text editor and paste it into the IdP Issuer URI field.
- On the Authentication Method, choose which type of SSO you'd like:
- Selected Users
- All users
- Click Save.
Note: If you have configured SAML at the wrong site, delete the SAML configuration and restart at the desired site.
Test SSO with Auvik
Now that the configuration is complete, let’s test the connection within Auvik. During the test SSO will be temporarily enabled on the selected test user.
- From your existing Auvik screen. Click Test SSO.
- Select the test user.
- In an incognito browser window, log into Auvik with your test user through your configured identity provider. You must complete the test in 30 minutes. If you don’t respond in 30 minutes, we’ll restore the previous settings.
- In Auvik, click on whether the test user was able to log in.
Enabling and migrating users to SSO in Auvik
With the test successful the final step is to determine which users should login via the SAML SSO configuration.
Ensure your users are provisioned in Evo, with exact the same email address as their Auvik account. Once the desired SSO authentication method has been selected all users will be migrated to SSO only through Evo.
- From your existing Auvik screen. Scroll up to view the Authentication Methods.
- Select the desired authentication method:
- Password, Google account, and Microsoft Account.
- Single Sign-On for selected users. If selected, follow the wizard.
- Single Sign-On for all users.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! Auvik is now configured for SSO with Evo Secure Login.
Reference materials >