This step-by-step guide will describe how to deploy the Evo Credential Provider MSI/Script file via a group policy object. In this guide, an AD forest named evo.demo is used. DC01 serves as the domain controller.
- Download .MSI Package from your environment
- Modify the MSI per Deploy .MSI Package via Silent Install or Create a VBS Script via Deploy .MSI Package via VBScript or a PowerShell Script via Deploy .MSI Package via PowerShell.
- Log on to DC01.evo.demo as EVO\Administrator. Note: Ensure that you logon to the domain using a domain admin account and not a local computer account.
- Copy the edited MSI/Script file to a network location where all desktops have access. In our demo, we will create a files folder within the domain’s SYSVOL share. All domain users and computers have access to this location by default.
- Launch the Group Policy Management console by clicking on Start, click Windows Administrative Tools, then select Group Policy Management.
- Expand Forest, expand Domains, expand evo.demo domain, select and right-click the Group Policy Objects folder, then select New.
- Name the New GPO and click OK.
- Expand Group Policy Objects folder. Select and right-click the newly created GPO, Deploy ECPS. Then click Edit.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Policies, expand Software Settings, and select Software installation.
- Right-click Software installation, click on New, select Package.
- Browse to the location of the MSI/Script file using a UNC path (\\dc01.evo.demo\sysvol\evo.demo\files) and select the MSI/Script file CustomerECPS.msi. Then click Open.
- On the Deploy Software dialog box, leave the default option Assigned selected and click OK.
- Close the Group Policy Management Editor console.
At this point the GPO has been created and can now be applied to an OU to be tested.