Evo Security syncs with active directory (AD) via Microsoft 365 Azure Active Directory service.
The service will complete a scan once every 10-minutes, to confirm if there are changes to the users or any new users to be synced to your instance of Evo. The only user details that are synced are first name, last name, and email address. Passwords remain managed by your systems.
These instructions assume:
- Organization configured for Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- You have admin access to the organizations Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- All users have been created under Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- All users have a unique email address, specific to their user.
- All users are a member of a group to be synced.
There are 2 ways you can add an Azure Active Directory to use with Evo.
- Azure One-Click Sync. Follow the steps below to have the configuration completed without any manual intervention.
- Azure App Registration Sync. Manually configure the Evo application in your organizations instance of Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
How to add Azure Active Directory in one-click
This must be completed by an administrator of your Evo portal, who is also an administrator of your organizations Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Azure account. The email address associated with your Evo user must be the same as the email address associated with your Microsoft 365 account.
- From the left nav menu, select My Company. Alternatively, select Customers and and choose a customer from the list.
- From the left-side navigation, click Directories.
- Select the Azure Active Directory tab.
- Click Add New Directory.
- Enter a directory name.
- Select the Azure One-Click Sync toggle.
- Click Sync Azure with One-Click.
- If requested log into your Office 365 account. Click Accept.
Congratulations! The Azure enterprise application for Evo has been configured, and the users will start syncing shortly.
If your users aren’t appearing in Evo as expected, please be sure contact our team for assistance.